Sunday, May 17, 2009

Toes!


Yes, that is my feet... all ten toes, fresh pedicure for Mother's Day. Although I hope you are getting to know me through my blog, I don't usually post a lot of personal stuff, mainly because I have no time! But today I am going to post a few personal things. First is the toes. I'm writing about my pedicure because I am entering a drawing for a scholarship to a photography workshop I'm dying to go to! link here Any of my friends can tell you I'm pretty committed to my feet. If my toes look good, I feel good. Usually. I took this picture in my mom's back yard on Mother's Day. My kids and I were splashing around in the kiddie pool and playing garden hose wars. It was a beautiful day but not the best because my husband was gone visiting his mom -who was sick in NY. Instead of breakfast in bed, I made pancakes for the kiddos, played Wii with my son, slathered them all in sunscreen and headed off to mom's. I was missing Dana (my man.) The next morning his mom died unexpectedly as they were just waiting to do more tests. We weren't ready for this. He wasn't ready for this. It was a hard week and the thoughts of her are still surrounding us - sometimes painful, sometimes just thankful for the good times. The pedicure isn't doing it for me right now but I'm blogging it anyway because I am dying to go to this workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment