Friday, July 23, 2010

Aimee's 18th!


Aimee looked beautiful for her 18th birthday celebration and had, well maybe just a few admirers. Actually, it looked like the press had shown up for a red carpet event! I can't say enough about Aimee and how incredibly sweet she was from the moment I met her and throughout her big day. She left such an impression on me with her graciousness, gratitude and thoughtfulness to others. Her family must be so proud of the young woman she has become. I loved learning all about the customs of this event for Aimee's family. I loved all the traditions involved such as the 18 dancing boys with roses (my husband saw that one tonight and said "what's that in his mouth?" I said, "that's called a rose darling, maybe you should familiarize yourself with those again?") After the dancing boys, Aimee had 18 dedicated candles to light, each with a small word to the person she chose to share that moment with. Then there were dances with mom and uncles, cake, etc. It was all very nice and the Hilton Rialto did an excellent job as usual with event planning and follow-through. I am always impressed by the attentive staff and event coordinator there.

I realize it has been over a week since my last entry. I can't believe it was a week ago today that my family moved into our new-to-us home in Satellite Beach. We are right near my parents now which is wonderful, but the move was much more difficult than I anticipated and I have been buried in the details of that for the past week. It's never good to lose that much ground on my client galleries, orders and highlights here on the blog so I will be playing some catch up! I have baby Layla coming up next with baby Quinn and the Wood family behind her! I only took one session this week so that will help while I am making up ground. Please bear with me while I wade through this! I have a few orders to finish this week and then go out of town for a maternity shoot in Ohio next week! For my brother and his wife! Super cool.


more cameras.




I think I forgot to mention that everyone in Aimee's family is stunningly beautiful.











No comments:

Post a Comment